Summer promises hot days, warm nights, and the opportunity to show off fantastic new trends in jewelry. The spring 2022 fashion runways offered fresh bold designs that you will see everywhere this summer. Join the excitement and glam up your look with five of the hottest trends.
1. Chokers rule. These new attention-getters are not the demure Victorian designs of the 1990s. The best summer looks are bold and edgy. Think colorful bands of gemstones, fun flirty charms, intricate metalwork designs, and big crystals set in brass. The vibe is youthful and fresh. These new chokers look spectacular with plunging necklines and the trendiest tube tops (yes, they're back!).
2. Bauble rings pop. Sweet, candy-colored, and just plain fun -- bauble rings let you show the world your playful side. Swarovski and Dior sent vibrant, embellished baubles down the spring runways, so expect to see the trendiest sun-lovers wearing them. Consider perking up your warm-weather wardrobe with Lucite bubblegum rings. These show-stealers will light up the most neutral outfit and add pizzazz to a flirty dress.
3. Chunky gold chains sparkle. The gold chain necklace is a timeless piece, but this year designers have elevated the look. Givenchy's oversized, off-center clasps grabbed the attention of fashionistas. Hermes, on the other hand, offered leather-entwined gold chains. Valentino's necklaces incorporated monograms, another hot jewelry trend this season. Expect gold chains to include flashes of enamel, fiery diamonds, or a scattering of semi-precious stones. Pair your plain white tank top with one of these hot statement necklaces for instant impact.
4. Oversize earrings steal the spotlight. The spring runways sparkled with dangling, drop, and chandelier versions, often accented with enamel or colorful semi-precious stones. Many earrings featured dangling charms. Versace and Carolina Herrera both presented bold door-knocker earrings, while Giorgio Armani, Saint Laurent, and Fendi concentrated on vintage-themed looks. Stand out from the crowd with a pair of gem-encrusted beauties and a classic black dress or bring on some vintage Hollywood drama with a pair of extra-long fringe earrings.
5. Arm cuffs come on strong. Bicep bracelets are back and glitzier than ever. Tory Burch, Prada, and Fendi love bicep jewelry this season, and rhinestone-embellished bracelets and classic geometric bands made a powerful statement on the runway. Project your own strength by sporting a hammered cuff or a delicate spiral band. If it has been a while since you've seen the inside of a gym, don't worry. As long as you get the fit right, bicep bracelets will leave your arms looking toned and slim and make you feel like a superhero.
When it comes to summer 2022 jewelry, minimalism is out, and over-the-top fun is in. New styles invite you to dress up and splash on the color. Be bold, get playful with feel-good jewelry, and enjoy the season!